For a complimentary Aftercare Guidebook, please email us.
We have provided you a checklist of items that you may need to take care of after the passing of your loved one.
Family Follow-up Checklist
- Notify family lawyer of death and request original will.
- Notify accountant/financial advisor and request documents.
- Contact the Social Security Administration regarding benefits.
- Notify life insurance companies to determine benefits and cancel polices.
- Contact financial institutions about accounts and safety deposit box.
- Contact investment institutions about accounts.
- Contact mortgage company about mortgage loans.
- Contact credit card companies to switch/cancel card.
- Contact employer to notify associates and inquire about benefits.
- Contact health care providers (hospice, nursing care, physicians)
- Contact auto insurance agent to cancel coverage and/or change policy.
- Contact auto loan/lease companies to reconcile accounts.
- Contact utilities to cancel or change billing status.
- Contact service providers (lawn care, cable TV, pest control, etc) to cancel service or change billing status.
- Cancel or change periodical subscriptions (magazines, newsletters, etc)
- Cancel memberships.
- Remove name/address from mailing and telemarketing.